Thursday, May 04, 2006

Relax. You're having fun, remember?

I've been taking a couple of photography classes at the local community college purely for fun and the pursuit of further knowledge. One is pretty much about film photography. The other is a digital photography class, but really it's only a Photoshop class. Anyhow, now it's the end of the semester and my instructor decided to give us several assignments all at once which are all due next week. The result is that the last three days have been filled with many hours in the dark room alternating with some time here and there at the computer. I would show you some of my work from my film photo class, but my husband threw away the power chord for our scanner (we haven't used it in two years). Not to worry, nothing impressive. Below you will see what I have been working on for my Photoshop class. I'm not saying that I think any of it is really impressive either, but at least you might find it amusing.


Here is the completed Weekly World News cover. I might make a couple of minor little adjustments still, but overall I am satisfied.



This is the instructor of both of my classes...with a few changes. The eyes, nose, ears, lips and hair belong to other members of the photography department. The lips came from an extremely white man so they don't really work to well. I may change them if I have time.



Here is my final composite photograph. I do all of my work for this class at home with Photoshop Elements 4.0. For this composite I sure would have liked haveing Photoshop CS2. But I still like how it turned out, for the most part.

So there you have it. Three pictures in one day! Fun! Fun! Fun!

2 comments:

Mandy said...

A nice fun picture!

Eric said...

I love this pic Natalie. That's an idea, I should do more bathrooms...