Friday, September 14, 2007

I have know idea what this is.

I know I've been pretty lax in my blogging duties. What used to be a daily picture blog has turned into a whenever-I-get-around-to-it blog. I am approaching 38 weeks of pregnancy so I'll just use that as my main excuse. There is also the fact that I live in what I refer to as "the caverns" where natural light is scarce. My camera handles low light very poorly and lately I don't have the energy to go out and hunt great pictures. But have no fear. I'm not throwing in the towel on my photography habit.

May 20th, 2007. Costa Rica

The insect in this picture was dead at the time I photographed it. However, just moments before it was flying around my uncle's house sounding like a small helicopter. We're not sure what it is. One theory is that it is a young queen ant that was en route to starting a new colony.

7 comments:

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

Looks more like a character from Star Wars Episode II.

Brittany said...

I'd hate to see the old queen ant.

Anonymous said...

Okay, as long as it doesn't make its way into my apartment, I'll concede it is kind of interesting as a photo subject.

38 weeks! Please keep us posted--so to speak!

Augs Casa said...

Ok, did I miss the pregnent post? Congrats! That's SO cool!!! At first I wanted to say Pry-mantese. not sure though now, it doesn't have claws

Serena said...

a fungus fly?

Leslie said...

That is nasty whatever it is. I am not a bug lover!!

jenni said...

it does look like a geanosian!

how are you feeling Natalie??? Must be ready to birth any day now!!! =)

jenni (also ready any day now!)